Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Toy Reform: Update

Last March I posted about our family's toy situation, and my idea on confiscating toys when they are not picked up in a timely manner. I am happy to report that my system is working, and I am now close to being completely toy-stress free. I think anything better than what we have now would be next to impossible in a family with young children. The boys are doing a good job (usually) of picking things up, because they know if they pick everything up before the timer goes off, I will let them pick a different toy to get out of "storage". When I sense that we have too many toys out, I make them trade when it's time to get out something new. It is a great feeling to have the toy situation under control. That's a good thing, because Christmas is coming! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home