Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What's What (Again)

What I'm listening to: "Be Glad" by The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir (2001)
There aren't many music CD's I can listen to over and over, but this is one of them (maybe one or two Rich Mullins and one of Phil Keaggy's). This CD has my favorite "day starter" song: "Be Glad". It also has what must be one of my top favorite gospel choir songs of all time: "He Reigns Forever". Let me reiterate: I LOVE THIS CD.

What's cooking: pumpkin seeds
Not kidding. It's after midnight, and the pumpkin seeds are a-roasting in the oven.

What we've bought recently: new shoes for two of our three children
They all three apparently grew two sizes over the summer, which is not noticeable at the time because they are wearing adjustable sandals during the hot weather.

My latest culinary (mis)adventure: (duh) pumpkin pie with pumpkin not from a can
I wanted to try out my new food mill. It's an old-fashioned type of machine. I decided to put the cooked pumpkin through it to take out the strings and little bits of skin. It took forever to do it, but it did work quite well. My husband said it seemed like too much work for such a small amount of pumpkin. He didn't realize I was actually playing, not working, with my nifty new kitchen gadget. Later, when I was mixing up the filling with the eggs, spices, etc., I had my "kitchen helper" helping me. She somehow opened the little tub of ground cloves and spilled them all over herself, her chair, and the floor. I am proud to say that I was the picture of calm motherhood as I cleaned up the mess. If I hadn't stayed calm, of course I wouldn't have mentioned it. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pumpkin Seeds! It's about that time of year isn't it. I love FALL!
Congratualtions on the calm mess cleaning :)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home