Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Smell the Roses

This was one of those mornings when I woke up and thought, "I have kids, don't I? And they grow up quickly, don't they? I'd better stop the ambitious 'get organized' mode I've been in lately and spend some fun time with them". So when they woke up, we spent some cuddling time together, followed by their favorite pancake breakfast. Then we wrestled around, had a pillow fight, and then we made a huge tent out of sheets in the family room.

Why is it that I always get into the rut of thinking that my to-do list is more important than having fun with my children, and truly capturing their hearts?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said! I am so guilty of being in the rut of thinking that the things I have to do are more important than spending time capturing the hearts of my children...hummmm, where is that Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie reciepe?

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home