Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Commercial Break

Try Pomona's Universal Pectin for all your jamming and jelling recipes. I did, and I liked it! (They're not even paying me for this)

I made peach jam yesterday and it turned out great! I used Pomona's with honey for the sweetener. It jelled better than the stuff I usually get at Wal-Mart (I don't remember what brand that was). It was a little more complicated than the Wal-Mart stuff, but it was worth it because you can make DOUBLE OR TRIPLE BATCHES.

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen of Carrots said...

Yes, I love the multiple batch feature! I always thought that was such a stupid rule with standard pectin. I've even made 1 1/2 batches when I had an odd amount of berries.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home