Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Heat Wave

We've finally gotten a break from the heat. Yesterday was just marvelous, with air that was actually cool. I even considered having my boys wear jeans instead of shorts. We spent yesterday evening and this afternoon outside. The windows are open and the air conditioning is off!

This might be a good point to admit that I am a heat wimp. I begin the summer season with good intentions, which are to leave the air conditioning off as much as possible and just suffer through the heat. Just think of the great savings that would give us in the electricity bill department! But I always wimp out. The first day the temperature inside the house hits about 78 or 79, the windows go up and the air is turned on. And it stays on. Forever. Until a day like yesterday when it would literally be a SIN to have air conditioning on. Today, the air is still off, and the temperature inside is right around 76 or 77. I'm in the beginning "wilt" stage. Another degree or two warmer, and the gig is up. And so are the windows.

I do much better in the winter. I've met people who think that you might as well be living in an igloo if you keep your thermostat below 69. Yet our house rarely gets warmer than 67 or 68. And we seem to get along just fine.

And I'm sure you're wondering right now what my point is, and I guess I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I think there was originally some vaguely defined point in my brain that I wanted to get across when I started this post, but give me a break. It's too warm in here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a good thing you are married to your husband and not mine in the air cond. department!!!!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

I think I am just naturally warm-blooded. If it weren't for my kids, I could probably handle keeping the thermostat at 60 in the winter. Most of the time, anyway.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home