Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Supreme Court Vacancy

My dad dared me to blog about the Supreme Court vacancy left by Sandra Day O'Connor. Here it is.

I'm skeptical. I just don't think the president will come through on this one. There are so many ways he can get it wrong. Nor do I think the Congress will approve of a justice that will interpret the Constitution strictly even if the president did nominate one. We can thank one of our own great state's senators for that (not naming any NAMES there).

I have a lot of respect for Judge Roy Moore (laugh at me if you will). He wrote
this great piece for the Wall Street Journal this week. He says, "May God save the United States from this honorable court." Quite the poignant sentiment. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home