Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Monday, June 20, 2005

A Haughty Spirit Before a Fall

I realize that my post last night might have been a little..."over the top", even though it was MOSTLY all in fun. I also realize that the moment I start bragging about my wonderful children will be the moment they do something in public that will really embarrass me. That's why I'm writing THIS. Maybe God will have mercy on me. "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." And well I know it. Just when I think we're starting to "get it all together", something happens that seems to throw me back to square 1. Like lying and disobedience. Or yelling at the top of their lungs in Wal-Mart. Or hitting each other...hard. It's difficult to overcome those sin habits, but in a way it's a family tradition, going all the way back to Adam and Eve. I have enough trouble overcoming those things myself (I have learned to control my urge to yell in Wal-Mart, however). Now I have to steer my children through the potholes too. Sometimes it feels like a 3-ring circus. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home