Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

What's What...

What's blooming:
Lavendar
Tomatoes
Squash

What's injured:
One of our (stupid) ducks (too stupid to know that the POND is the place to go to get away from dogs)

What's being read by me:
Feminine Appeal, by Carolyn Mahaney

What's changing:
My kitchen (already much more organized)
My schedule (no more computer in the mornings - ok, so I DID look up the weather this morning, but there were huge black foreboding clouds in the sky, and it only took ONE MINUTE)

What I wish I knew:
Where to put all the stuff I'm taking out of my kitchen

What we just bought:
One miniature, totally grass-fed cow, to be butchered the end of next week
Toaster oven to replace that evil microwave oven

What we need to buy:
One smallish freezer in which to put all that beef

What's on my heart:
I miss my sister! :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks, Amey! <3

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amey, was thinking about it and I just wondered how big is a miniature cow? Are we talking 6 inches tall? Or bigger?

I don't think I've ever seen a mini-cow.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

It's about half the weight of a "normal" cow. I think the one we're buying is around 600 lbs. We thought we'd try one because we're thinking about getting one to raise ourselves next spring. They look like regular cows, only a little smaller.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home