Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Our Recent Culinary Adventures

We've had lamb for several meals now. Our verdict on the taste of lamb:
Lamburgers: ok
Roast: Pretty good (not quite as good as beef roast)
Lamb chops: Delicious, better than pork chops

We had lamb chops for dinner tonight, and they were just as good as I remembered them. They are small, so you have to cook a lot to satisfy a whole family (we did 8 for 5 people, one of whom is a 2-year-old girl). I marinated them in a homemade sauce, and then my husband grilled them. The lamb we have was not grass-fed. We are interested in seeing the difference in taste between grain-fed and grass-fed. Grass-fed meat is much higher in Omega-3's, which is what we want.

I'm also starting to get used to using cast-iron skillets. We started using them about a week ago (we have one huge one, and one smaller round griddle). They are less bother than I thought they would be (my husband took care of "seasoning" them). We had fajitas last night - the skillet worked great!

And my last culinary adventure: pitting cherries. I used them to make one pie (sugar-free, of course) and froze enough for another pie. I may get enough next week to freeze some more. The pie turned out pretty good, in my humble opinion. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home