Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Monday, July 11, 2005

I'm Torn

What should I read first? I'm about 2/3 of the way through How Should We Then Live?, by Francis Schaeffer, genius. I've also just received into my possession the awesome-looking book Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats, by Sally Fallon. Should I finish the Schaeffer book first, or dig right in to the (borrowed) Fallon book? My thoughts are that these are two of the best first-time-through reads that I have had in a long time. I actually read about 20 pages of the Fallon book in the van yesterday, so you know it must be good (I get carsick when I read in a moving vehicle).

I will try to review them both here in my blog. I was slow to really "get into" the Francis Schaeffer book, but I'm humming along now. It was first published almost 30 years ago, but WOW! What a socially and politically relevant book for 2005. I also have a new Douglas Wilson book on the docket, but that will have to wait until I read these two. One thing about Douglas Wilson: you either hate him or you love him, but you can't possibly be ambivalent toward him. I especially like his Future Men and Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home