Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Friday, August 26, 2005

What Is Normal? Not me...

I want to blog an apology today to anyone who has been offended by what I write here. Certainly I don't mean to offend anyone by my views. I don't have any reason to change my views, but yet that doesn't excuse insensitivity. I will try to be more sensitive in the future, yet somehow I feel like there are times when being transparent on how I feel about things is valuable. Maybe sometimes I am right, maybe sometimes I'm wrong. I'll even admit I'm wrong when I feel someone has made a good point to the contrary. Or maybe I'm right, and it's something that some people would benefit from thinking about.

What is normal? What are the views of your average person, someone who is clearly in the "mainstream"? I think that whoever you are, if you have read my blog for very long, you realize that "normal" and "mainstream" are not words that describe me. In fact, it seems the older I get (almost 34!), the less "normal" I become (do I hear laughter in the distance?). I never want to confuse "mainstream" with truth. Often the two are not even similar. So feel free to dismiss what I write with an "Oh, that's just Amey...she's weird". I won't mind at all. :-)

As far as the food issues are concerned, please know this: I am not obsessed with what I eat. I'm just trying to make the best decisions for me and my family. It's an issue I'm interested in, and that's why I write about it. Same thing with homemaking, homeschooling, books, and politics (though my interest here is waning).

Now back to our regularly scheduled blogging...(feel free to comment, though).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home