Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Is It Food?

I just read an amusing article about how to distinguish between actual food and food products. If you would like to start eating more healthfully, but aren't sure where to start, read this article!

Here's an example of food:



Here's an example of a food product:


The only problem I have with this article is that it refers to evolution. ("Given the fact that humans co-evolved over millions of years with natural foods, it is safe to assume that our digestive system is well-tuned to ancestral food sources.") The evolution portion of this article does not render the remaining substance of the article invalid. God made our bodies to consume actual food for fuel. Either way (creation or evolution), real food is the way to go.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that your parents fed you a lot of this food that you criticize so much. I'm surprised that you've lived as long as you have.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

Do you think I am hitting the health issues too hard? I'm sorry if I am. I don't intend to be critical of people AT ALL. I have eaten many different kinds of "food products" of my own free will (still do sometimes, mostly in restaurants, though). I do feel better than I used to, since I started eating more healthfully, and I guess I just get a little too enthusiastic about it sometimes.

As far as my parents go (hi, Dad!), the only things I remember them encouraging (read: threatening) me to eat when I was a kid were vegetables, fruit, and meat (all real food). Not that it wasn't ever in the house, but I don't recall ever being forced to eat a chocolate sundae pop-tart.

Maybe I'll start posting more about my other "hobbies"... :-)

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not my place to judge. It seems that you are a very intelligent person, but all the food stuff, maybe(?) is a little over the top.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home