Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Applesauce Day

Well, tomorrow is applesauce day. My mom is coming over to lend a hand. Hopefully Grandma will too! I'm not sure how it will go considering all I've been wanting to do lately is NOTHING. Give me the couch and a book, and let the dishes wait! (insert sappy violin music here) I'm SOOO tired. Whine whine. OK, so at least I'm not in the throes of morning sickness. Nothing that terrible. Just a little sleepier than usual. But I remember last winter how good the applesauce was that we canned last fall, so I will persevere, and order a pizza for dinner. :-)

I tried a small batch of applesauce with my new food mill. I didn't like it. The sauce was just of such a smooth consistency, yet I don't think I had enough water in it, so it was thick, too. We'll just go the usual route: peel and core the apples with my other handy kitchen gadget (Pampered Chef Peeler Corer Slicer), cook, and puree in the food processor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home