Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Why My Hair is Turning Prematurely Gray

My mother-in-law also claims that this is why her hair went gray so early in life. I found this quoted in my copy of Herrick Kimball's Writings of a Deliberate Agrarian.

We can damage our young boys by overprotecting them and by creating fear that they may get hurt. Little boys who are constantly overprotected are in jeopardy of having their masculinity warped. Obviously we are to teach them to use good judgement. But we are not to squelch their aggressiveness. They will survive the scars and broken bones of boyhood. But they cannot survive being feminized through the perpetual fear of getting hurt. God made boys to be aggressive. -Steve Farrar, Point Man
My boys have been climbing all over the swingset. You know, the sides of the "fort" and the top beam over the swings that aren't normally meant to be played/climbed on. I just leave the back door ajar as I'm doing dishes so I can hear any loud thuds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home