Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Grazing

I suppose with a title like "Grazing", you think I'm going to talk about our animals again. Gotcha! Not animals this time, but my recent reading habits. I've been flitting from book to book, all of them fascinating, but I haven't been able to finish one before another one lures me away. Here's my grazing list of recent weeks:

Wise Traditions, summer issue (Weston Price periodical)
How to Read a Book, by Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren
Storey's Guide to Raising Dairy Goats
Confessions of an Organized Homemaker, by Deniece Schofield
The Hidden Art of Homemaking, by Edith Schaeffer
Cooking with Honey, by Hazel Berto
Created to Be His Help Meet, by Debi Pearl
Eat Fat Lose Fat, by Dr. Mary Enig and Sally Fallon
The ABC Herbal, by Steven H. Horne
Practical Herbalism: Ordinary Plants with Extraordinary Powers, by Philip Fritchey
No Greater Joy, volumes 1-3, by Michael and Debi Pearl

Most of these are not first time read-throughs, but a few are. I just got the two herb books this week, and they are fascinating. Especially the Fritchey book. I had no idea that so many "weeds" we have growing out in the yard can be used medicinally. Who knew? Sounds like I could get some good homeschool science out of those plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home