Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

More Books and Ruby the Cow

As if I haven't already had enough problems with my "grazing" habits of late, I just got a new stack of books last week (why do I do this to myself?!?). Here they are:

  • Amusing Ourselves to Death, by Neil Postman
  • The Hope Chest: A Legacy of Love, by Rebekah Wilson
  • Keeping a Family Cow, by Joann S. Grohman
  • Home Comforts: The Art & Science of Keeping House, by Cheryl Mendelson
  • Holy Cows & Hog Heaven: The Food Buyer's Guide to Farm Friendly Food, by Joel Salatin
  • The Complete Tightwad Gazette, by Amy Dacyczyn
These are all purchases I made from Cumberland Books, which has recently reduced the prices on all their books. They have great books there. I'm reading the cow book right now, mainly out of necessity. We got our miniature jersey last weekend (in an adventure that will go down in the annals of family history). Ruby is not as "miniature" as we had thought, but she is a beautiful animal. We can't wait for fresh jersey milk and cream! It will be a long time before that happens, but in the meantime, we're learning what we need to know to take care of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home