Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Reminiscing

Five years ago today, my husband and I and our two young sons (2 years and 7 months) were on vacation in Asheville, North Carolina. We turned on the news as we were getting ready to go down to our hotel's dining room for breakfast. I don't think any of us will ever forget "where we were" on that day. We finally made it down for breakfast, but spent most of the day watching the news on tv in our room. That evening we went to an awesome Mexican restaurant. The food was great, but the tv's were on there, too, and I'm not sure anyone there really felt like eating. Or serving. Or having much fun.

For school today, my older son is beginning to memorize a new Psalm. Somehow it seems appropriate to post at least part of it today. You should look it up and read the whole thing.

Psalm 27:1-6
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh,
when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.

3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.

4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me;
at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home