Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

My Self-Taught Geographer

Anticipating teaching U.S. geography to my children "someday", I bought a large-sized notepad of blank maps of the United States with the states' borders outlined for kids to color or write in. Recently I gave the notepad to my 4-year-old, just to see what he would do with it. He has spent HOURS carefully coloring in each state, map after map. He also identifies "ENEBERASKA" without help (he doesn't live anywhere near Nebraska).

I guess this home education stuff is easier than I thought it would be. Just buy the materials and they teach themselves! :-)

Speaking of home education, I've been reading this home educator's blog, and this one short set of comments is cracking me up tonight, so I just have to post a link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home