Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Movie Reviews

Here are some thoughts on a few movies we've watched recently:
Swiss Family Robinson - I can't believe I've never seen this movie until now. It was so good. The humor is great, and the plot is super. There is a scene where an elephant and a tiger are fighting. I'm sure the PETA people aren't too happy about that. Also, the men (and boys) protect the ladies, which probably makes the feminists mad. There was also plenty of violence, but in an appropriate context (defending the family). So, all in all, a very good movie in many ways (haha).

Old Yeller - I had seen this one before, but it had been a while. Also very good, especially for boys. I liked the first one better, though.

Clarence the Cross-eyed Lion - This was one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen. The back of the video case says it's rated 'G', and one of the reviews says "ideal for the children". This movie had NO PLOT. I'm still not sure exactly what it was about. There were a few scenes that were clearly not intended for children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home