Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Another Surprise for Amey

We visited a health food store today. A "hippie"-run health food store. Next to the natural, organic supplements were the packages of incense. You would have laughed to see the five of us; walking up and down the aisles, checking out the soy ice cream and the organic sugar-free granola; listening to the driving, hillbilly, hippie music. Of course, shopping with three children 5 and under is always an experience, and this was no different (I wouldn't want it to be different anyway!:-).

My husband bought a "treat" for the kids: 100% whole wheat honey graham crackers, sweetened only with honey and unsulphured molasses. We got back into our van after shopping, and he pulled those graham crackers out. "Who wants a cookie?" "I DO!!!" We hadn't eaten yet. Of course all three of them wanted a cookie.

They LOVED those graham crackers. I tried one. Not sweet at all. Imagine a graham cracker that's not sweet.

This always shocks me when it happens. I don't know why I even doubt that my kids will like something that's good for them. They have proven me wrong more than once - with reading material, coloring (maps!), food, television. What an adventure it is, just hanging out with these guys!

Don't worry, we didn't buy any of the incense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home