Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What I Do During Blizzards

Irony is so ironic. Yesterday for my son's birthday we took the day off from school to celebrate, while the "regular" schools were all in session. Today we have a blizzard, all the local schools are closed, but we are going to have school here. I guess it all evens out, doesn't it. The weather is too bad for my husband to make it to work, so he's out in the windy fray, puttering around doing guy stuff. Starting the tractor, making short trips into town to the little store to buy stuff "we might need", taking care of the animals. And I'm staying put. Keeping nice and warm. Duh.

I thought I'd post a couple of links to some good articles I read today on WorldNetDaily. I got out of the habit of reading there over the last few months. It was annoying me that they were spending so much time bashing the illegal immigrants. I know it's wrong for people to disregard the law, but the large bulk of illegal immigrants are here because they are wanting to have a better life. We need to enforce the immigration law, but I think we can have a little compassion for needy people too.

The first article I liked, from Mr. Mychal Massie, talks about slim pickings for the Republicans come primary time next year. Giuliani and McCain seem to be the front runners, and I'm thinking, HUH? They are RINO's. Why would real Republicans vote for them? What's up with that? Anyway, read Mr. Massie's article for some good info.

The second article is from Mr. Jim Rutz. He reminds us that "History is Scripted". If you look up "soy" on the WND search engine you will also find a very good series of articles he wrote on the dangers of soy. It is worth reading too, if you get the chance. Hopefully you will, especially if you use any soy products (other than fermented soy like soy sauce and miso).

And now, back to school...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home