Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Lazy Blogger


Back with another one of Carla's memes. I guess I've been a lazy blogger lately. I suppose that's what these meme things are for. Just give you something to write about. It's actually Thursday, but I'm going to do the "Wednesday Whim" anyway. OK, here it is:

What is something 'new' you have planned for the coming year? A vacation? A new craft? A new crop you are experimenting with? Are you moving? Write a post about your hopes or fears about it. Be sure to leave a comment telling us your answer has been posted over on your blog so we can come read too!

I would like to do more dehydrating this year. Last year I bought some celery at the farmer's market and used some to cook with, but then also had some left over. I dried it in our toaster oven, and it turned out really good to use in my homemade stocks. I'd never done that before, and I only did a little bit last year. This year I'd like to dry more celery, as well as some spices and herbs for cooking and for my medicinal tinctures. If I can grow my own, that would be great. If not, I'll stock up at the farmer's market or from a local CSA we're thinking about joining this year. There are also a few wild-growing plants I'd like to collect and dry: raspberry leaves and plantain are two. I'm sure there are more, but I need to research them.

I'd also like to figure out the "mystery" of a particular health problem I have been having. This is going to sound crazy, but even though health problems are (literally) a big pain, figuring out the cause is a lot of fun. I know. I'm a dork. You can't really go by what the doctors say only, because they just diagnose (which is helpful, yes) and give you a prescription that will mask the symptoms. It does nothing to find the actual cause. So that's why I'm self-treating.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home