Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Microbes are Good

My kids love bath time. That's where my boys are right now. Enjoying their bath. They like to take the 88 cent glow-in-the-dark light sticks from Wal-Mart with them and then have the lights turned out. I'm sitting here blogging, sipping my hot (lukewarm, actually) cocoa (made with 'good' milk, organic cocoa powder, and honey, in case you were wondering), and listening to my boys play in the bathtub. They have a great time in there. There's a reason for this. We only bathe them once a week. At most. Sure, occasionally they get so dirty that an extra bath here and there is necessary, but they seem to do just fine with their baths few and far between. If they had them more often, they'd fight the whole time and hate doing it. You see, there's a method to our madness. Check back when our oldest turns 12. I'll be singing a different tune then. Maybe sooner.

Did you know there is an ecosystem in the blogosphere? The really popular bloggers like Michelle Malkin and Hugh Hewitt are "Higher Beings", while the lowliest of the lowly bloggers whom no one pays any attention to (such as yours truly) are "Insignificant Microbes". Check it out. Here's the whole list of every "creature" in the blogging ecosystem:

Higher Beings
Mortal Humans
Playful Primates
Large Mammals
Marauding Marsupials
Adorable Rodents
Flappy Birds
Slithering Reptiles
Crawly Amphibians
Flippery Fish
Slimy Molluscs
Lowly Insects
Crunchy Crustaceans
Wiggly Worms
Multicellular Microorganisms
Insignificant Microbes

I aspire to someday be a Slimy Mollusc.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you keep at it, you should easily make "Slithering Reptile."

2:42 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

I know, I know...dare to dream. :-)

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have any idea that there were so many blogs out "there?"

4:18 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

I knew there must be quite a few. I mean, if I can do it, anyone can!

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In regards to bath time...we do it twice a week (must be the nurse in me) and lately the oldest (age 9) is beginning to have an odor(????) before his turn.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home