Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Why I Hope in the Lord

I just noticed that there was some kind of "asbestos mesothelioma" link on the bottom of my blog under my counter. I had no idea it was there. It must have something to do with the counter, but I just wanted to clarify: I didn't put it there on purpose. I don't know anything about the contents of that site. I took it off. I'm sorry if anyone took that to mean I highly endorsed the site. I don't. Didn't even look at it.

A piece of noteworthy news: the Ladies Against Feminism site is back in business after an extended "summer vacation" (more like summer AND fall vacation). It's great to hear from Jennie Chancey again. I always enjoy reading what she has to share. Good links there, too.

On the food front: I made ginger carrots and sauerkraut last week. We tried them for the first time a few days ago, and YAHOO! I like them both! Look out family! Be forewarned! I'll bring some to our family Christmas dinner so you can sample them. :-) Not planning to bring the kefir, however. Sorry, Julie. I know you were hoping to try it.

And on the emotional roller-coaster post-miscarriage front: I told my husband last night that I felt like I was trying to run up an escalator that was going down and then burst into tears. I don't mind writing this on my blog because I know many ladies can relate to this "escalator" feeling. You know what I'm talking about - by the time you get all the clean laundry folded and put away, there are three more loads ready to be washed, and there's one in the washing machine that's been sitting there for two days. The beans in the refrigerator spoiled (forgot to put them in the freezer), and all of a sudden the children start fighting like mortal enemies. I didn't even mention the mess in the kitchen, did I? And everyone is dying of starvation at the exact same moment (not at a normal mealtime).

When I start feeling like this, I give my husband a few minutes to feel sorry for me; then I take a nap and let it all wait! Of course this only works when he's home. Then when I get up, it's all still sitting right there, waiting for me to take action. But at least I get a nap.

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen of Carrots said...

Rats, and I thought by the time my kids were the age of your older ones it would get easier ;-) . . . guess I better hope in the Lord instead of in changing circumstances.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

Right-o

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the time your kids get as old as mine (5-9) either it is easier (doubtful) or at least it seems easier.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home