Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Family News Summary

What I'm doing: blogging because I can't sleep

What I'm wearing: a sweater and socks (along with the usual skirt/shirt ensemble) - our furnace is not working and it's chilly

What I've been reading: Future Men, by Douglas Wilson; The Boxcar Children, by Gertrude Chandler Warner (with Son #1)

What was for dinner tonight: Mexican - my husband rolled out homemade tortillas for us. I love homemade tortillas, but we don't have a tortilla press, and I don't have the muscles to roll them out myself. Yum! Boy, are they good!

What we've been listening to: Jonathan Park, and Bible Songs (Wee Sing)

Craft-of-the-week: a ziggurat - we just painted it this afternoon. This was to go along with our history lessons.

How many eggs a day we're getting: ONE MEASLY EGG A DAY - certainly those chickens won't be molting forever, will they?!?

What we're doing in school this week: Nothing! No school this week. It's our week off.

What I can't stand the smell of: beef (and we have A LOT of beef in our freezer, too). Maybe I could handle some steak? :-)

What I'll be baking this week: anniversary pie. It's my and my husband's anniversary this week (you might remind him if you see or talk to him this week), so I will make him a pie (our dessert of choice - easy to do with no refined sugar). What will it be? Cherry, peach, pumpkin, or pineapple? I'm not sure yet. We've been married for NINE YEARS! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home