Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

What Would Jesus Eat?

Here's an interesting article on diet: People Encouraged To Eat Like Jesus: 'The Maker's Diet' Author Says Natural Living Is Righteous Living. Here's a sample menu from this "biblical" diet (you could call it "What Would Jesus Eat"):

* Breakfast: A goat-cheese omelet with onion and pepper and avocado slices on the side.
* Lunch: An "Oriental Red Meat Salad" made with steak or lamb.
* Dinner: Coconut-milk soup, broiled halibut and a side salad.

Rubin (the diet guy)said the sample menu also allows for an evening snack of goat's milk yogurt with honey and blueberries.

Sounds nutso, doesn't it? I just don't know that I could get used to goat's milk, cheese, and yogurt. I've tried a little bit of it before, and didn't like it. But I think the author of this article is right about a lot of things: mainly that we should eat more natural foods and less processed foods. We try to make a few changes at a time in our family. My latest effort (as you probably have guessed) has been in cutting more sugar from our diets (which takes herculean strength to even attempt). We used to have to have something with sugar in it EVERY DAY.

I have read that shellfish and pork are also not fit foods for human consumption (also mentioned in this article), which I agree with in theory. They are scavengers, and will (and do) eat anything, which can contaminate what we eat. But I'm not sure I could totally give up shrimp and bacon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home