Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Unendow the Arts

I just read an article that cracked me up: "A plea to unendow the arts", by Burt Prelutsky. I'm not posting the link, because he used a few words that I wouldn't use in polite conversation, but if you HAVE to read it, you could probably look it up on Google or WorldNetDaily (where I read it). He put into words (in a much more humorous way than I ever could), why it's a stupid idea to publicly "endow the arts". I wonder how much money the federal government allocates to the National Endowment for the Arts? I'm not for censorship, mind you. I'm just against welfare for artists, most of whom simply need to GET A REAL JOB!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home