Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

College Education

Here's an article on college education that I read yesterday:
Pomp and strange circumstances, by Burt Prelutsky
In the author's opinion, costs for a college education are way too high, especially for "liberal arts". I agree. I think all employers look at when they hire someone is the actual degree itself. They don't care if the student learned anything to get the degree. What about on-line college credit? I don't know much about it, but I've heard it's cheaper. You'd be less likely (a little) to be inundated with the communist agenda of the professors at public universities, and you could live at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home