Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Children's Literature: Pick of the Week


George and Martha, by James Marshall

The George and Martha books are a series of books written by James Marshall about two best friend hippos. Each book contains several very short stories about George and Martha's adventures. If you value honesty and humor in keeping relationships healthy, you would love these books. I bought my kids a couple of new George and Martha books for Christmas (shhhh! don't tell them!), but they are really for me, because I love them so much. Let me give you a bit of friendly advice: if you have kids, buy one of these books. If you don't have kids, think of a kid you know and buy one of these books yourself so you can read it to them. At least that will give you an excuse. These books are really that great. I've read that there is a tv show based on them. It can't possibly be half as good as the books. Trust me.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home