Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Children's Literature: Pick of the Week

Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame

Certainly I read this book as a child, but it's amazing how I do not remember anything about it. This is a classic that children must read. It is hilarious. The funnest part is coming up with the accents for the characters (you have to read it out loud). I did Ratty in my best British accent, and Badger was as low a tone and as gravelly as I could muster. But the best character in this book by far is Toad. Clever Toad. Handsome Toad. Humble Toad. If that doesn't crack you up, you haven't read the book. I can't wait to read it again with my younger son when he's in second grade.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ChicoryChick said...

Ah toad, ever onwards and upwards ever faster and forward! We have a video tape of this which is very close to the book (if I remember correctly) and it is a favorite not necessarily of my childrens' but of my husbands LOL!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

Is that the one they showed on Masterpiece Theatre? My son loved that one too, and it did seem to follow the book pretty closely. Good to hear from you, Kay. Aren't you supposed to be, like, having a baby right now?!

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home