Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bullet Notes: Comin' at You

Well, it's been a busy week, but I just wanted to make some brief notes about some recent news items and family events:
Having a female baby goat de-horned: sad and pitiful little thing, it will take a full day to recover from that trauma
Baseball season: this too shall pass
Birthday parties: fun fun fun
Ron Paul: still my favorite primary candidate
Wee Sing Fun 'n Folk: this CD has been playing constantly lately
Recent reads: Wise Traditions (spring issue), HSLDA Court Report, Mother Earth News (April-May)
School: Week 27 out of 36 (we go year-round), book shopping for next year
Garden: some things are actually sprouting!
Weather: gloriously warm, it's great! Now for a little rain, please Lord...
Melamine in chicken and pig food: bad bad bad
Massive numbers of pigs dying in China: what's up with that?
Microwave popcorn: not good for you at all (chemicals and teflon-coated bags)
Kombucha: I'm going to go for it. It requires tea and plain white sugar - I haven't bought white sugar in probably a good 2-1/2 years, but here goes nothing...
Kefir: I love my goat milk kefir in the mornings. It's much better tasting than cow milk kefir.

Sorry, but I'm too lazy to look up the links to the health-related notes here. These are things I've read over the last few days, but I don't remember where.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron Paul is still my favorite, too. I wish HSLDA would come out for him. They like Huckabee and say he is a friend to homeschooling.

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home