Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Let Me Blog Something...Anything!

When I woke up this morning, I realized in no uncertain terms that I could not possibly leave That Cow Picture up at the top of my blog. If you have to ask why not, then you couldn't even begin to understand even if I explained it. That's why I'm here blogging over my daily eggs-over-easy. Now I have to think of something to say...

OK, here it is, I've got it. The Republican Primary. I have a front-runner in my own personal poll (which is to say, if the election was held today, I know who I would vote for). Here he is:

Dr. Ron Paul, physician and congressman from Texas.

I like this guy because he actually votes by the Constitution and by his conscience. He pays no attention to lobbyists and special interest groups. Do you have any idea how rare that is? Right now, I don't imagine he has much chance at winning the primary, but that is why I'm posting this now, so I can encourage everyone to do their research BEFORE the primary instead of after. Not that you have to vote exactly like me, but find out about the candidates and vote for the one that is closest to carrying your ideals. That seems simple, but really, I don't think most people think to do that. They just find out about the candidates from the television (NOT A GOOD WAY TO RESEARCH! ...sorry I yelled). I've said this before, but it bears repeating: I think the Republican primary will be more important next year than the Big One in November. Let's not elect a dud to run against Hillary or Obama, or whoever else the Democrats come up with (Gomer Pyle, Julie?). If we do, I'll be voting third party. And I don't think I'll be the only one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home