Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Children's Literature: Pick of the Week

Here's a great book to read with your kids: Burt Dow, Deep-Water Man, by Robert McCloskey (author of Make Way for Ducklings). All of these books I'm posting about for "pick of the week" are well beloved by both my children and me. It is beyond me how this author was able to use such stellar word choices as he wrote this book. And the repetition of various phrases adds to the fun. For a picture book, it is fairly long, so this might not be the best book for pre-schoolers. But I'd guess it's perfect for a read aloud with first and second graders, and for younger children with...unusually good attention spans. Excellent, excellent book.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home