Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's Almost Time!

My lovely nanny goat, Daisy, is due to have her babies any time. This will be our second time experiencing a goat birth, and when she had her babies last year, it was such an amazing thing to see. (Side note: I'm not as squeamish now as I was as a kid. Maybe that has something to do with having three kids myself and cleaning up their many messes of various sorts and originations. You think?) Goat babies are so fascinating to watch. In hardly any time at all they are up walking around; even running, jumping and playing. I just can't even imagine what it will be like when our jersey cow gives birth next year (Lord willing she will, anyway). How great will that be?!

Here's a picture of Daisy, reaching for some hay. It's hard to get a good picture of a goat. You need some sort of bait to keep them in one place while you snap the picture.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home