Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Friday, February 23, 2007

More on the Primary

I am developing quite an interest in the 2008 Republican Primary. To me, that's the big election. It's still a year away, but there's already a fair amount of activity with the candidates. I think it's the most important election because if we elect a dud for the primary, you might as well forget about the election in November. Whether we get a Democrat or a Republican will not much matter, as we have learned in the past. The press is telling us our top three choices are: John McCain, Rudy Guiliani, and Mitt Romney. I agree with Phyllis Schlafly. All of those guys are "no-go's" for me. One thing that is nice is that the primary "season" seems to be starting earlier and earlier with each election cycle. That way we have plenty of time to "kick the tires" on each candidate before we "buy" (elect) them, as Kevin McCollough puts it. Third parties don't get much of a chance in November elections, but if we do get the "dud" for the Republican nomination, I will have no choice but to go with one. And the overarching truth that brings sanity to my thoughts on the big election: God will still be God, even if Barack Obama is elected president of the United States.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or Hillary Clinton...

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"God will still be God, even if Barack Obama is elected president of the United States." This too is what keeps me sane.

What do you think about Condoleeza Rice? Do you think she'll run and if so is she who we're looking for?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

Sorry I'm so tardy posting these comments. I was away from my desk for awhile. ;-)

Yes, Hillary Clinton would not be my first choice for president if we must have a democrat. As far as Condoleeza Rice goes, I don't think she is planning to run, so I guess it doesn't matter. I can't really say for sure what kind of president she would make (haven't researched her at all), but whether good or bad, I kind of hesitate to elect any woman president. So, my gut reaction is "no" for Condy. But maybe we can ask this question again next fall (or sooner?) if she throws her hat in the ring.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home