Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Children's Literature: Pick of the Week


Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, by Rudyard Kipling. This is a classic story your kids have to read. My kids loved it. The mongoose (Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, of course), saves his "family" from two king cobra snakes. It is action packed and full of excellent writing!

I didn't remember much about this story before I recently read it to my kids, even though I know my teachers read it to me in elementary school. The nice thing about reading to your kids is, you get to actually appreciate all this great literature that you wouldn't normally read otherwise. Even if you did read them when you were a kid, you develop a deeper appreciation of them as an adult.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home