Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Big Family Announcement!

Daisy had her babies Sunday evening. It was a great experience for all of us. Our kids were there for the big moment, so I figure I get to count that as at least one full day of school. She had 2 males that look almost exactly like her. We're a little sorry that they were both boys because the females make much better milkers! But our two little fellas are adorable, and they are already starting to run, jump, and play. They are a lot of fun to watch, but we know that unfortunately we will probably have to eventually sell them (and by "sell them", I mean get someone to take them off our hands, using whatever means possible).

Soooo......Anyone out there need a couple of male goats? Hey! You won't need a lawn mower anymore with these two little weed and grass munchers tied up in your yard (jungle?) this summer. I've also heard that you can train them to pull a little goat wagon. There you go! Get a goat wagon, and Tom and Harry (my older son named them) can pull your kids around the yard. They'll love it. I'm sure at my crazy low prices that this pair won't stick around here for long. Get in touch with me now before they're gone!

In other news, baseball practice starts this week (both of my boys are playing....on different teams). I already have no time for doing things that I want and need to do, so no doubt I will be Beyond the Land of Sanity before the season is over the end of June. Right now I divide my time between the following leisure activities: outside chores, food prep, meal cleanup, laundry, and school. Yes, that about sums it up.

No wait, except for one more thing: egg organization. I spend a few minutes each day rotating my eggs. We are finally getting plenty of eggs from our chickens for our family, and I feel so secure with all my egg cartons filled up in the fridge. I have a very meticulous method for keeping my eggs organized and rotated properly. The rest of my house is a wreck (well, mostly, anyway), but those eggs are my pride and joy. Don't mess with my system, folks. It is something to behold, believe me.

Just a reminder, don't forget to let me know when you'd like us to deliver your new goats. They should be weaned by the end of May.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home