Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Early Bird Catches the Worm?

I'd really like to know - is it an actual virtue to rise early and retire early? One of my New Year's resolutions is to be up by 8 and be in bed by midnight. I've read that going to bed before midnight gives you more and better rest per minute than each minute gives you after midnight. Yet there are many people who work at night and sleep during the day (nod to Bill, of Bill's Blog, who by the way has still not posted...how did he put it, "an article with depth"?). In the Bible it talks about rising early in the morning, but it also says something like "her candle goeth not out at night" (Prov. 31). How can we do both?

My other resolution is to stop drinking coffee. How did I get started on this ridiculous habit?!? Not healthful at all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home