Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Of Birthdays and Kites

Today my little girl turns two years old. I went gift shopping for her yesterday at Wal-Mart, and let me just say: Yahoo! Everything she wanted that I got for her was under $3. Bubbles. A kite. Crayons. A big ball. Let's hear it for little girls with simple dreams!

On a related note: why cannot Wal-Mart stock JUST PLAIN KITES? Why must we choose from one of the following: SpongeBob, Dora the Explorer, Spiderman, or Barbie princesses? How about a (*gasp*) solid red kite? Or for little ladies like mine, a pink kite with FLOWERS on it. So what did I pick? Dora, of course. I think I would have liked flowers better, though. I suppose I could take the time to make my daughter her own custom-created kite. Who would ever conceive of such a thing??? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home