Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Another Disclaimer

I thought I'd take a moment to write another "disclaimer" about what I write in my blog. I guess I view what I write as my own little newspaper editorial page. Sometimes I wonder if it's wise to express my opinions here if there's a possibility that a real-life friend or family member will read it and feel hurt if they don't agree with it. I think that as human beings, we tend to feel personally criticized if someone expresses an opinion different than our own. I know, because I have felt this way before in the past, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. SO, just to be completely open here, I just want to say that I would never personally criticize anyone on this blog (unless you are a public figure, such as Marilyn Manson). I'm just generically giving my opinion, for whatever it's worth. Maybe what I think doesn't make a bit of difference to anyone, and that is ok.

I also realize that thinking philosophically and living real life can sometimes be two entirely different things. Here's an example:

Amey's pontification: TV is bad. We should not be watching tv so much. Let's all turn off our tv's and read a book.

Real life: Amey's kids are now watching "Muppets From Space" while she writes in her blog (it's 11 am).

So, to recap, I want to tell you that you are never being personally criticized. I'm just here, organizing my thoughts, and letting you in on them.

A disclaimer on the disclaimer: this disclaimer is in no way in response to any recent blogs. As far as I know, no one is mad at me. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...another example;
white sugar is bad....
we had cookies yesterday and today...

5:24 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

You mean...you let your kids have cookies??? haha

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home