Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Monday, May 09, 2005

A Special Night

After dinner tonight I left the dirty dishes to get crusty, and we all went outside to enjoy the warm pre-mosquito-season evening. This is probably my favorite time of the year for that reason. The only thing that ruins evenings in the summer is mosquitos. But right now...it's perfect. Unless you count the ticks.

Once it got too dark to dig around in the flower bed, I took the kids and the dog down to the pond, where we played until after dark. My husband joined us there after he finished his outside work.

There were toads EVERYWHERE around the pond, making all kinds of racket (it would be interesting to take a decibel reading on one of those toads - I'd guess around 70). The boys spent an hour just catching toads. Son #1 had 4 toads in his hands at one point. Suffice it to say, it was a "special" night for those toads. Don't ask me how I know. I'd rather not go into the details. Yes, home education at its finest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are 2 -3 outfit a day days at our house....2 x 5 =10.....

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home