Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Monday, May 02, 2005

News Flash: TV Makes You Smarter!

Couch potatoes sprout bigger brains watching TV. Pardon me while I laugh hysterically. This is the most ridiculous "study" I have heard of in a long time. We're supposed to believe that watching tv and playing video games are actually good ways to increase your IQ. Not likely. Whatever happened to READING GOOD BOOKS?

You get so much more information in the same amount of time by reading than you could ever get by watching tv. It annoys me to even watch the television news anymore. The regular network news shows transmit about the same amount of information in 30 minutes that I could read in 3 minutes on the internet. The cable news channels just replay the same stuff over and over and over again.

Here's another article I just read today by Vox Day: Flattered to deceive. Strange article title, but it does relate to this topic if you are interested.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home