Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Cleanliness is After Godliness

I decided we should take a week off from school so I can concentrate on doing some Spring Cleaning. So far I have done two days of cleaning. My dad has come over to keep my kids occupied while I get a few things done. He accomplishes this by letting them climb all over him and by taking them for "rides". Here is what I've done so far: cleaned both bathrooms, vacuumed all the floors (both things I should have been doing anyway), and filing.

Actually, I haven't finished the filing. It is a work in progress. It's one of those things I always intend to do once a month, but it just doesn't happen. Now here we are one-and-a-half years later, and I have a stack of filing to do which is at least 2 feet tall (I'm not kidding).

You would think that after cleaning for TWO DAYS that I would see more results. I take comfort by telling myself that when I die I won't wish I had spent more time cleaning. I hope that I will be happy with the balance I am trying to keep between a healthy amount of cleanliness in the home vs. time spent with my children. And while I'm "cleaning the soap" (?!?), I smile at hearing my boys reciting scripture as they color. :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynette again..
I currently have 5- 1' piles of various papers to "file", 2 years ago I read "Confessions of an Organized Homemaker" by Deniece Schofield who has ALOT of great ideas about organization. At that time I reorganized my filing as she suggested and really liked it, I kept up pretty well until the last 6 mo or so.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Amey said...

Lynette -
Thanks for all the comments. I enjoyed reading them.

Now I don't feel so bad about all the filing I have to do! I don't think I've read the Schofield book you mentioned. I think if I could just take the time to do the organizing in the first place, I'd be fine, but it does seem to always find its way to the bottom of my "list"...right underneath 'trim toenails' and 'clean out the van'.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trimming toenails...
I realized several weeks ago that I have 100+ nails to trim!!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home