Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Friday, May 13, 2005

I Got Him

I've got him right where I want him. My six-year-old son. He asked me to read to him a few minutes yesterday, so we read the first couple of chapters in Little Pilgrim's Progress, an edited-for-children (by Helen Taylor) version of the John Bunyan classic. We got to chapter 3, and it was "one more chapter, Mommy, please?" Then the same with chapters 4 and 5 (they are short chapters). When I stopped reading, I handed him the book, and sternly warned him to not read ANY MORE on his own without me, because I wanted to read it too.

I think he's on chapter 14. He'll just have to read it again with me later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been there and now I have to put our read aloud books up to on a high, high place. That works pretty well here!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home