Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

That Mercy Thing

I just heard the news that the Supreme Court rejected the Schindler family's appeal. If I lived in Florida, I would be out there with the other lunatics, trying to take a cup of water to Terri. You would have to come bail me out of jail. If the governor and/or the president do not send in troops, I predict there will be a lot of Christians who will no longer support a Bush in any public office (and I will be one of them).

What we really need today is an Elijah to call down fire from heaven onto those perpetrating this crime. You KNOW that God must be getting angrier by the moment. Just think of the power He revealed in Old Testament times. He's still the same God, and He could do the same things today! Sometimes it's hard to understand what it is that He's waiting for.

I suppose it's because of that "mercy thing". What is really hard for me, is realizing that without His mercy, I would be in the same boat as the evil (and I mean EVIL) Michael Schiavo, Judge Greer, and George Felos. I would be the one at the receiving end of the fire from heaven. Ouch. A deep thought, but true nonetheless. I guess I should will the end to my anger, and just cry and pray for more mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home