Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

More On Sewing

Please, bear with me as I ramble on about my sewing projects. I'm so excited now about sewing. Before last September, I never grasped the whole concept that I could actually make something with material that I could choose myself, in a style that I like. Of course, the fabric stores have a limited number of fabrics to choose from, but it's still much more than you can find in a store or catalog. I'm just learning, but it's been great! If you've never sewn before and think you can't do it, you should try it! If I can do it, you can do it!

After I made the jumper for my daughter, I made her a hat that matches (very cute, but she won't keep it on). The material is navy blue corduroy with cotton navy blue floral print as a contrast.

The next thing I made is a skirt for me (the first thing I've made for me). It is cotton with a bright spring-like pink floral print. This skirt had my second zipper, and it went much better than the first. The only problem I had was finishing off the top of the zipper with the waist and the hook and eye closure. It just doesn't quite look right.

Now I have just (last night) started a pinafore for my daughter. The fabric is all white cotton. Already I'm unsure about this project, because I prewashed the fabric and it was so badly wrinkled, that I had trouble ironing the wrinkles all out. Also, this is the most complicated pattern I have attempted so far. It has a pocket and buttons, neither of which I have done yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home