Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Soap Rules!

In their younger days, I used to keep liquid soap in a pump at the sink in the boys' bathroom. I quickly discovered that this was not a good idea (I'll give you three guesses why...). Therefore, we made the switch to bar soap in a soap dish. Since then, the most exciting, fun-filled moment in our home is when we get New Soap. I have to admit, the old soap does tend to get rather...old. There are times when I actually have to clean the soap (figure that one out).

Fast-forward to last night as my husband comes home late from a business trip, and we hear the door open:

Everyone: Daddy!
Me: Daddy's home!
(sounds of excitement and running to the door)
Son #1(5 years old): What'd you bring me, Daddy?!
Son #2 (just turned 4): Yeah! Did you bring us soap?!
(Daddy reaches into his bag and pulls out 2 brand new bars of hotel soap to give to each boy. I don't ask if he showered while he was away from home. Boys open soap wrappers with shaking hands, barely able to contain their excitement.)

Ahhh, simple pleasures. May each of us find a new simple pleasure today! :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amey,

That is too funny! I am glad the boys had such a thrill last night, and glad their Dad made it back safely from his trip. I hope you guys have a great day, and thanks for the cute story.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Amey said...

Thanks, Julie ;-)

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home