Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

An Unusual Post

This post is unusual because I am typing it on a Sunday morning. Normally we would be in church right now, but my husband and I decided the kids and I should stay home today due to the cold weather. Since he's working today (again!), it would just be the four of us driving to church. It's too cold! The wind chills today are supposed to be below zero. We just hope that our chickens and ducks make it through this winter without freezing. They're just not very smart about staying inside their little shelters when it's this cold out.

In other news, we enjoyed our big family Christmas bash yesterday at my sister's house. She and her family were wonderful hosts, and we all had a great time. The food was about 1/3 normal food, 2/3 sweets, so...hurrah for Christmas! :-) The gift-giving session was fun - watching the kids is priceless. Our kids' favorite gifts so far: transformers, a pink rocking horse, shopping cart, National Geographic 3-D picture viewer, paint mixer, and more! My husband especially liked a certain winter hat, which he promptly found use for this morning when he went out to take care of the dog, ducks, and chickens before leaving for work. I don't think a single thoughtless gift was given yesterday. You know, the kind you buy just to have something to give someone because you have to. Thank you, family!

I felt proud of all of our kids because they seemed to have a good handle on being patient, waiting until it was time to open presents. A few of them asked when it would be time, but I don't recall any of them getting really obnoxious about it.

I especially enjoyed the moments spent in the kitchen talking and laughing with my brothers and sister. A rare moment of sibling camaraderie. Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home