Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

My Pet Peeve

I love to wear winter clothes in the winter (sweaters, long sleeves, boots, etc.), but I hate having to deal with incredibly warm temperatures in public places when I'm dressed for the weather. I realize that people have different ideas about room temperature and thermostats, but when I walk into a room in December and it's warmer than about 72 degrees, I ROAST! I feel like I should have dressed in summer clothes. So either I freeze outside and feel comfortable inside (in summer clothes), or I'm comfortable outside and roast inside (winter clothes). Right now, I'm wearing a turtleneck and sweater vest, and I'm fine. It's about 66 degrees in our house. Doesn't it make sense to set the thermostat to the lowest temperature you can be comfortable in during the winter, and in the summer you set it at the highest temperature you can be comfortable in? Then we dress to accomodate the weather and the temperatures. This is pretty basic economic common sense, isn't it? ARGGGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home