Amey's Blog

I planned for this to be about homemaking and homeschooling, but now it's just a chaotic jumble of news and ideas about animals, kids, food, and other random thoughts.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

More interesting articles

I've been reading a lot of articles lately on News With Views. I especially like the Devvy Kidd articles. She has an article today on WorldNetDaily about abolishing the Department of Education that was very good. I forgot to save the link to post here (sorry). It's strange to see the Republicans that used to favor getting rid of the Department of Education now supporting it and even giving them more money every year. I have found that now both major parties are pretty similar when it comes to education. They both want more money for it (although where that money actually is, I don't think anyone knows). There are slight differences in their views of "school choice", but they are still essentially the same, in my opinion.

The most recent News With Views article I read is TSA STRIP SEARCHES - BUREAUCRACY RUN AMOK. This is a very disturbing article for anyone who plans to do any flying in the near future, especially women and children. I suppose people who fly regularly (not me!) already know this stuff, but I didn't. I don't understand why the airline companies are not howling about this, considering that it is preventing people from buying plane tickets. It's absolutely ridiculous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home